Saturday, March 17, 2012

Oilpan Schmoilpan

Top 'o the mornin' and Happy St. Patty's Day to you! Got lots to do this fine day. Clean, launder, drink green beer, and watch the Hoosiers win against VCU!

On Pinterest a few months ago, I saw a pic of someone who had used this pan to make a huge ipad replica for children to learn letter recognition.
Then I started thinking of all the other cool things that could be made using this $10 item from Wal-Mart (it can be found in the "man" section, where all of the car supplies are). What I decided to do was use it for the empty space above my computer desk which was just begging for some sort of organizational tool. Begging.

Ta Dah
Not pleased with the quality of this image. I used the Bloggie and it is, for sure, not a picture taking device. You get the idea though. I'm not sure how I want to finish "decorating" it yet, so some ideas would be appreciated.  The cute little windowed tins came from this cool site:
http://www.specialtybottle.com/ 
They are not magnetized on the back, so I did that myself. They are amazingly inexpensive, though.


Bee of good cheer (sláinte-pronounced"sloynta")

P.S. Many thanks to my friend Mimi, who tweaked some things on my page to make it look nicer. Read Mimi's blog, 5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules, by poking the button to the right side of this page.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! What a great idea...this could be fun for the classroom too. Love, love, love it. I'm pinning it. Thanks for the shout out! Let's go drink green beer....NOW!

    ReplyDelete