Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bee-Licious

It's really no secret that I love the beach. This weekend some galpals and I took a much needed break to the Outer Banks, NC. Two hours from home, it's the perfect getaway for a weekend or a weeklong stay. A link to one of my favorite realty companies, www.beachrealtync.com shows available beach rental properties and their prices do fit every budget. By the way, I do not get sponsorship for the sites I point you to, I just like things and want to share.

Prior to this trip, emails were flying back and forth all week; who is bringing what, all that. Much attention was paid to the liquid part of the weekend, a.k.a. Happy Hour.  I decided to bring Margaritaville and supplies, plus a bonus cocktail, The Skinny Bitch Cosmo. My grand plans included making everyone souveneir glasses which look like this one I made last year:


In reality I ran short on time to get the glasses done, but what I did do was this:


Dang if it didn't work out better, becuase the screw-on lid made the drink portable which meant it could go in the cooler and to the beach. Genious! I threw a lime slice in there too which made it extra tasty! If you like super sweet drinks this is not for you. It's somewhat tart and refreshing. The recipe is as follows:

2 oz. mandarin vodka (I think any citrus vodka would do)
2 oz. diet cranberry juice
2 oz. sugar-free margarita mix www.bajabob.com (I think Amazon also carries it)
Lime wedge

Oh, another delightful tidbit about this recipe is that you put the ingredients in and just shake it up and refrigerate. I suppose it could also be frozen if you left enough room for expansion.

P.S. There are roughly four servings in this jar. Make sure to have a DD.

Bee Sunny :)













No comments:

Post a Comment