Saturday, January 25, 2014

Squeaky Chair-part deux

     Sooo...got that chair all taken apart AFTER I took pics of how it should go back together (kiss my brain) cleaned off the rusticles and schmootz, and am now waiting for the fabric to arrive. I found the most amazing fabric site, which just makes me wish that I knew how to sew more than a straight line (If I'd only paid more attention to Mrs. Cho back in 7th grade home ec.-I blame myself).  Proudly, I even remembered to trace the (nasty) vinyl seat and back portions onto some kraft paper to make a pattern. KMB again! I'm certain that Mrs. Cho would be proud of owning that small bit. She suffered, that woman. God love her heart.
     For my sew-worthy friends, the site is www.spoonflower.com , but you probably already know about the site, since I'm the ultimate fabric newb an you are not.
     
I don't think I've ever posted a photo of my fabulous sewing machine, so here it is in all of its tur-qua glory. I will never love another:

No comments:

Post a Comment