Sunday, February 4, 2018

The Kiln Thing

Again with the equipment. I have wanted a kiln for years. It started off a number of years ago when I had fun painting ceramics at local shops which charged me ridiculous rates per HOUR to paint various objects and have them fire my stuff in their kilns. I then discovered that you can also melt glass in a kiln. Back story- I love the colors /shapes, fluidity of glass. Glass  is so beautiful, and my hero in glass is Dale Chihuly. Look him up-he is amazeballs. The very best I can ever hope to do is to melt glass in  a kiln to make pretty things.  A respectable kiln uses a 220 outlet and it's been a point of contention in my house. The man can have 25 bajillion dollars invested in tools/accessories, but when the woman wants to make "art", it has to be something that she can make bank on. Digression aside, there is now a "mini kiln" available for just a few hundred bucks, is small enough to make jewelry with, and doesn't require a 220 outlet. Hmmmm...

Bee Decisive

No comments:

Post a Comment